Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Week 7: Illustration: Variation

Craft
I used AI, two different paint brush tools, the monochromatic color settings, other colors from the wheel, the eye dropper tool, and shapes.
Composition
The first two change were simple I changed the color to monochromatic and with the other I added red and blue into the image and added lines and stars through the shape tools for the background. For the second row, I used a paint brush found in the data base at a very low level to create a slight change. I also played around with the color wheel to change the color. For the third row of images I used a paint brush that created an outline around Michelle and border that looked like a skyline or buildings, I had to play around with the intensity of the paintbrush to get this effect. I also changes the colors to make the images distinctly different with slight color change and extreme color change. I composed all the images in grid form because they are to be looked at together and also separately. The assignment was for us to use slight changes and extreme changes in the paint brush and also in the colors. I wanted to use brushes and colors that created a change, but not too much of a change so that Michelle was still identifiable. 
Concept
A few of the images really had conceptually meaning. The last image in the first row was created with red, white, blue to represent America. I also incorporated lines and stars from the American flag. I also used red, white, and blue in the second row. For the last row, the brush that created a skyline was used because Michelle Obama is from Chicago and still strongly advocates for inner city issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment